Hi, I’m Palashi!
I’m a President’s Postdoctoral Fellow at University of California, San Diego. I got my PhD in Information Science at Cornell University. I am an engineer turned feminist scholar, researcher, writer, poet, and activist working at the intersection of society and technology for more than a decade.
💡 Critical and Interpretive Studies of Technology
👩🏽💻 Human-Computer Interaction
🤳🏽 Computer-Supported Cooperative Work
⚖️ Technology, Justice and Equity
(Picture of a person of South Asian heritage, medium dark brown hair and olive medium brown skin tone standing in a forest with a tote bag and a blue jacket in hand)
2022-23 - Teaching Assistant for Cornell Information Science
2021 - Visiting Scholar at the Medien Der Kooperation
- May 2023: I will be joining the Communications Department at UC San Diego in August 2023 as University of California's President’s Postdoctoral Fellow!
- Jan 2023: Our mini-conference on Critical Caste Studies was accepted to Eastern Sociological Society’s Annual Meeting.
- Dec 2022: I was invited to give the keynote at the online course on Digital Everyday by Point of View
- Nov 2022: Our paper “Counting to be Counted” won a Diversity and Inclusion Award at the upcoming CSCW2022 Conference!
- Oct 2022: Our paper Caste Capital on Twitter among Indian Politicians will be presented at the CSCW 2022 conference.
- Aug 2022: I am teaching a first-year writing seminar called “Beyond the Binary” with the Feminist, Gender and Sexuality Studies department at Cornell this Fall!
- July 2022: I contributed to and reviewed this brilliant syllabus on Critical Caste and Technology Studies
- May 2022: Our paper at CHI 2022 was awarded Best Paper!